By matching the retention guidance to the services your authority provides or the internal processes that require records to be kept, you can use the guidance documents to help create your retention schedule.
- Visit Records Retention and sign in to your account.
- Click ‘guidance’ on the left-hand menu.
- Use the ‘Sort guidance’ drop-down menu to sort retention guidance by function (groups of service areas), web navigation (similar to function, but more customer-oriented) external or internal service.
- Use the other drop-downs to limit the results. This is useful for checking through the guidance before producing the schedule.
- Use the ‘Retention requirement’ buttons to toggle guidance to show only legal requirements or only business requirements.
- Click the download buttons to download your schedule as CSV or RTF.