Using the Powers & Duties guidance to discover your authority’s legal duties is really simple. Follow these steps.
- Visit Powers & Duties and sign in to your account.
- Click ‘guidance’ on the left-hand menu.
- Use the ‘Sort guidance’ drop-down menu to sort guidance by function (groups of service areas), external or internal service, or no applicable services.
- Use the other drop-downs to limit the results.
- Uncheck the ‘Power’ type button to show only powers.
- Use the ‘Applicable to’ and ‘Authority type’ buttons to limit the results to match your authority.
Click the download buttons to download the guidance as CSV or RTF.