By publishing custom areas, you're able to see the data underneath just like any other standard geography. That means you can run reports, check statistics, benchmark against other areas and much more. Don't worry, after you've published your areas you'll still have time to edit them before finalising any changes.
Follow these steps to publish your areas.
- Visit the Natural Neighbourhoods site.
- Using the drop-downs at the top, select your area type and select the area you'd like to publish.
- Click Apply.
- Click the 'area type details' tab and click 'Publish' if present. You'll need to publish the area type if you haven't already done so.
- Click the 'selected area details tab. Now click 'Publish'.
- Repeat the process for other areas, otherwise you're done!
The area will be published overnight and you'll be able to see or build a report based on those areas the following day. Once you've seen the report, you may wish to edit the areas to correct errors or alter the areas, otherwise you should finalise the areas. The (DRAFT) tag will only be removed once neighbourhoods have been finalised.