Before mapping service incidents, you will need to know which type of service incident you'd like to add. You'll find a list of service incident types at the bottom of the Service Incidents uploader page and you can easily add a service incident type if one is missing.
- Visit the Service Incidents uploader
- In the 'Download service incidents' section, select a type of service incident.
- Click the 'Download' button.
- Open the downloaded CSV file and add or edit service incidents. Items in bold are mandatory. You may use Log/Lat or post codes.
- id – the unique identifier of a service incident. Leave blank if adding a new service incident as one will be generated.
- label – the name of a service incident, e.g. 'Bicycle theft on Rattray road'.
- incidentTypeId – the service incident type code. This should be pre-filled, copy it for new rows.
- incidentTypelLabel – the name of the service incident type. This should be pre-filled, copy it for new rows.
- markerGroup – the service incident group. This should be pre-filled, copy it for new rows.
- timePeriodId – the time period in which the incident occurred. You can find the applicable timePeriodId from this sheet.
longitude – the angular distance of where an incident occurred east or west of the Greenwich meridian.
latitude – the angular distance of where an incident occurred north or south of the earth's equator.
- postcode – the post code in which the service incident occurred.
- value – 1 if each row is a unique incident, use another value to denote multiple incidents in one location.
- user: – if you've added user-defined fields to your service incident group, they'll be prepended with 'user:'. You can fill in these as you please and they'll be shown on a map when hovering your mouse over a marker.
- delete – insert TRUE alongside an incident to delete it, otherwise insert FALSE to add it.
- Save the CSV file.
- On the Service Incidents uploader, click 'Choose file...' and select the CSV file.
- Click the 'upload' button.
- Your CSV file will be uploaded and you'll receive a confirmation email.