Deleting an area
If you no longer need an area, or you want to set it up again from scratch, you can delete it from the site as long as it hadn't yet been finalised.
Follow these steps to remove an area:
- Visit the Natural Neighbourhoods site.
- Choose the area type in which you created your neighbourhood using the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the area you'd like to edit using the drop-down menu. (You can select 'nothing' for the other two drop-downs.)
- Click 'Apply'
- Your area will appear on the map. Click 'selected area details' on the left-hand menu.
- Click 'Edit details'.
- Click the 'Delete' button.
- A dialogue box will pop up to ask for confirmation, click 'Yes, delete it please'.
If you create an area which appears to contain no shapes or looks like it could be a test, you will be contacted by support to ask if it is still needed, as all areas are visible to all users, so we try not to let the menu get too cluttered.